The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Nearly Half of Game of Thrones Season 5 Just Leaked

I figured I would wait until the aftermath had happened before commenting on this post about the supposed "leak" of what is to be undoubtedly the most successful television series currently running its course.   As with most 'leaks' it is found later to be nothing more than an inside job and I believe this to be no different.   Regardless, I signed up to the new HBO service through sling for my ROKU and had a Game of Thrones Party only to be sadly disappointed when 5 minutes before the live broadcast the entire sling service was frozen on my Roku.  Fortunately I had the Amazon Fire stick as a backup which also has Sling.. for whatever reason that worked just fine and I was not banished from the room as a result!    If this is anything like what other movies, and before that, music, that people would "illegally download' only brings in more money for the end producer. After all, where can you get this sort of marketing for free?!  Heck, I paid to watch and most people probably did.. considering HBO had all staff working for this and they still ended up providing an apology appears that this leak was very successful!



Nearly Half of Game of Thrones Season 5 Just Leaked
http://gizmodo.com/nearly-half-of-game-of-thrones-season-5-just-leaked-1697305966