The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Apple Iphone X-You Gotta Love Apple's Sales Tactics!

All the news about the latest and greatest Apple Iphone X.. pretty pathetic in my opinion.  Trust Apple (post Steve Jobs) to basically sell a sub-par product, the Iphone 8 and then follow up with a phone that should have been the Iphone 8.  

This is, in my opinion, no different than when the Ipad Air was introduced. It wasn't long after the Ipad 3 with Retina Display had been released and people complained about the added weight due to the glass. At that time, they also pushed the iPad 2 since it was the lightest and thinnest iPad ever produced. It baffled me when they were re-introducing the iPad 2 and dismissing the newer iPad 3.  Better still, the money spent in R & D to come out with the Ipad 3, if it were not the iPad it was toted to be, and knowing they were already working on the iPad air, why not just wait?  Because there was money to be had or simply because the shareholders expected something to come off the assembly line at a reasonable time.  Regardless of the reasoning behind this, the iPhone X is certainly the phone to get if you want a new phone and you must go with Apple.. 

For me, the Ipad 3 which was also, I believe, Steve's last design chief, is also the last Apple product I have owned and I have no regrets. I am quite happy to be using the Android devices.. 

Go Samsung--The Galaxy Note 8 is an awesome device!