The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Big Brother USA:Season 18 Cast


With only a week to go before another season of BBUSA we are introduced to SOME of the cast members.. 12 of them to be exact which leaves me to believe there will either be 3or 4 returning players that will act as coaches for the 12 (3 groups of 3 or 4) or there will simply be 3 or 4 returning house guests.  If it is the former, then typically half way through the season they are asked if they want to compete as players or continue on... I most certainly will not expect many changes to the format as it has become oh-so-boring unfortunately.  Yes, I know it is the 18th season, but even Survivor has been able to change it up enough over the years, to keep the format intact yet still provide a difference that makes it entertaining.  It seems the casting just isn't there lately. Of course there will be many that disagree with me. I am not saying all the new cast are not good over the past few seasons, just enough of them that we immediately start comparing the new cast to previous season's players.  That is pretty much what I did reading about each of these new 12 cast members.

So out of the 12 new members we have 10 that are in their twenties, the youngest being 23 (1 male and 1 female) one female that is 32 and one male that is 50.  WTF!  Do they (the casting people) not do any homework from past seasons? And I'm including BBCan here.. when they bring in that token "old person" they basically never survive and if they do for a while, it is likely because they are 'the mother' and end up doing all the cooking and cleaning for these millennials .  Do I have to remind CBS that thee are some that have actually been watching BB since its inception and that many people in their 40's, 50's, 60's and even 70's or more are avid fans of the show.  I started watching for the fact that it was a human experiment. With all my years in Television Production, knowing what it is like when you take someone and place them in front of the camera, how they react is quite unique so placing them in a room with many cameras and no escaping it leads to great entertainment.. or it should.  so what's with having one old person? And by old I mean 50.. why not at least have two older people.. then placing one girl in there at 32.. just past their twenties when the average age of the 12 cast members is 27.5, sure I get it, demographics states this is the age of most viewers on the network TV show.. because once again, the networks still don't understand the power of the internet. Sure, CBS gets it as they have always charged for the feeds and now simply roll it in with their CBS All Access which is littered by video ads before, after and throughout the show, granted they are shorter and not as often, but they are still there!

As I have yet to sign up for the feeds (still another week to go) but they have revealed and are now interviewing but you need to have the CBS Access so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get it early!  Update--ok all signed up.. went to watch the first video-Bronte and I have a pop up blocker on and of course you can't see anything until you remove pop up blockers.. so typical..

On with the interviews--OMG do we have to listen to her voice all year long?

Question.. is it possible Jeff Shroeder is being groomed to replace Julie Chen some day?  He does a good job of interviewing these goof-ball cast members and anyone can do what Julie does...So it is obvious I'm not a Julie fan..

Natelie: OMG you NEVER start any sentence with "SO"... her strategy.. to make an "All Girl Alliance".. umm yeah.. how has that ever worked out?  So.... ufff. it's only the second interview I have watched and the first two are both 'super single' but say they won't go for a showmance and have their eye on the $$$ prize.. I'll believe that with Bronte but certainly not with Natelie.

On to the "celebrity makeup artist' Jozea... who has NO IDEA about the game.. just watched last season.. I'm sorry but this shouldn't even be allowed and being a gamer should be a prerequisite. Again many may argue that this adds to the competition because it is a social experiment anyway so knowing the game shouldn't be that big of a factor, which is true. I just dislike how these people get cast on the show when there are so many others that are life-long bb fans that would be just as good or better!

Corey--from Texas.. he's watched 2 or 3 seasons on his own.. another Cowboy.. I have an  idea, lets just put casting on coast mode and see who shows up.. Can we please get a change in casting!

Glenn--the old man of the show... a huge fan of the show.. of course-why else would you have a 50 year old on the show right? Is it me or does this guy have the same mannerisms as George? He's not going to win but he will likely go quite far just because he won't be a threat. 

Tiffany: Also a BB Fan and has watched "since a teenager" and mentions Season 10, 12, 13.. so I'm guess season 10 was her first.. which means about 7 or 8 years she has been a fan.. not bad.. something about the way she speaks and acts seems familiar.. but then we learn Vanessa Ruso is her sister..Of course.. now that I know this, looking away I would think it is Vanessa!  I really did not like Vanessa and her stupid hat that she would NEVER take off. But this is just me and I have to stay neutral here.


Victor: Meh.. I don't know if he has what it takes.. he could float far.

Michelle:.. so similar to another Michelle that was on the show.. another floater most likely.

Zekiyah.. another teacher.. a fan since season 3.. awesome.. my fav so far.. just not sure if her anxiety might be too much. she's beautiful and is in to a showmance so who knows.. she might be a write-off early if she gets hooked up and places a bigger target on herself. 

Paul: Another fan and the other Paul in the house this year..A fan but hasn't really paid attention to the show. Although Cody's brother is the other sibling on the show, Paul reminds me more of Cody than his brother Paulie. He says he is going to be wild.. hmm where have we heard that before and then that person ends up being a dud.. 

Paulie.. Cody's brother.Not sure if this is going to hurt or help. Those Cody fans may say it would hurt him because Cody ended up #2 and this guy could go all the way if he isn't taken out right away. He mentions the tattoo which is the same and has his last name within so for me, he would be better to say it up front rather than hide it and allow them to figure it out on their own as that will show that he was hiding it on purpose. 

Bridgette: a travelling ER Nurse.. big fan.. the last few seasons.. ummm yeah.. first to leave this season? Quite possibly. I really have no idea what to think of this person. 

That wraps up what we are allowed to know about this season, although the rumour of returning house guests as coaches is a pretty sure thing.  Rumours are Audrey Middleton-Season 17, if she didn't get enough exposure, should be interesting I guess?  Ian Terry-Season 14 (winner) Just like Dan who also won and was invited back as a coach, I'm not sure how I feel about this-So long as they remain coaches why not, but coming in as a player.. forget about it!  Vanessa Rousso--are you kidding me.. with her sister in there as well.. this is just unfair and ridiculous especially if these coaches also end up playing in the end, which they always do! And finally Season 16 winner, Derrick Levasseur. In my opinion, played almost a perfect game but then that was also because he was under cover which is what he did for a living for real, but now that everyone knows this, I'm not sure what kind of actual game he could play so from the human game experience I would enjoy seeing if he could get past all odds.. I doubt it but that would only be more fair if he was in the house with noting but other returning "all-stars".

I'm going to stay positive about Big Brother US this season and hope that it is new and fresh, even if the challenges and "Julie Chen" must remain constant.