The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Tiny 32 GB USB flash drive


  Looking to the future one might look at this article and laugh just as we do today on "WHAT USED TO BE"

Tiny 32 GB USB flash drive

Published on Boing Boing | shared via feedly mobile

My first engineering job was with Burroughs in the 1980s. We were making 100MB disk drives that weighed 70 lbs. A few years later I worked for Fujitsu on a 100MB 2.5-inch drive that weighed about 6 ounces. I can't remember how much either drive cost but it was probably over $1000. Earlier this week I was in Albuquerque and I saw an ancient 5MB disk drive the size of a washing machine. How many of these dime-sized 32GB flash drives ($23.61) would fit inside that 5MB drive's case?

SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive