The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I am working exclusively from a Chromebook -- here's how and why

First of all, as I read the article below and push my way through the advertising---normally I would just close the article and move on as I really don't have time for this crap since I am sure I can find the news some other place that isn't jamming ads through my .. brain...   but seriously.. using nothing but a chromebook is really not that big of a deal. I haven't used ms office for years as the google drive works just fine for me.. in fact it does a better job of converting various versions of office/wordperfect/pdf than many others. If you spend all of your time online then you shouldn't have any trouble with chromebook. I do a lot of remote work and for that I use LogMeIn. Unfortunately they are a little slow in getting things up to speed so in order to remote connect there is a small url add on needed at the end of the connection but it only takes a second and I"m in.  You see, there is typically a work around for whatever you may find yourself doing on the internet these days.. you don't have to be a slave to only one company , like Microsoft... and in this case Google (chromebook) would love to have your business.. so long as I am not forced to use some advertising version of software then go for it!  These articles that make it sound like it is such a chore to use something so simple as a $249 chromebook for all of your office needs should really..not!


I am working exclusively from a Chromebook -- here's how and why
http://feedly.com/e/v4iaH2t0