The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Own a Chromecast Device? Get free stuff today!

I have learned through Techcrunch, of a Google Play offer for owners of a Chromecast  device. According to the website it says Google Play is basically giving away a free movie (for Valentines Day).  It also states that it is not sure if it is only good for USA customers.. being in Canada and owning a Chromecast  I figured I would give it a try.  Sure enough I did have an offer available but it was much better than the free $6 movie.. it was 3 months of free Google Play Music service!  This is a $10 per month service so I now have $30 of free service thanks to this offer. 

So I suggest you check to see if you have any offers to redeem.  I'm not quite sure if this is a one day deal or today just happens to be the start of this offer.

Here is what you will need to do to check:

  • Make sure you’re connected to the same network as your Chromecast.
  • Open the Chromecast iOS/Android app
  • Tap your device, then find the “Check For Offers” button (it should be hiding behind the three-dot button in the upper-right)
  • Confirm your Chromecast serial number with Google
  • Tada!
Good Luck and Enjoy!