The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Flags at half mast-WTF?

As I drive down the interstate on my way in to Houston I notice these massive American Flags flying at half mast and I'm wondering "ok who died?"  and then I realize the date was 9/11.. the first thing that came to my mind was OMG are you kidding me?  Do you have any idea how many soldiers are dying on a daily basis overseas SINCE 9/11 alone?  Well I didn't but found this website that helps keep track of this...   The IACasualties website breaks it down pretty good.  

I'm thinking this is nothing more than when people change their twitter icons to boycott something.. how pathetic..

Yes I am saddened by what happened on 9/11 and I am sure there were a number of Fellow Canadians that perished that day too.. maybe that flag should stay flying at half mast all the time.. until we bring all soldiers out of foreign countries that simply don't want us there! oh wait.. that will never happen...