The Future of Tech, News and making sense of it all!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

FAA Advisory Panel Says We Should Be Allowed to Use Electronic Devices

Wherever I am at, I make a point in checking wifi and bluetooth signals from my phone or tablet computer, just to see how many signals I will find. This includes when i fly. Yes I know you aren't supposed to but that is why I do it. Since many flights now offer wifi that should mean you can have your phone out of 'flight mode' even though many people are unaware you can stay in flight mode and then turn on your wifi separately.  In any case it is the bluetooth that I am always amazed with, so many people have it turned on their phones and most likely never use it. Now, after so many years, the FAA are (finally) recognizing this is not a threat...


FAA Advisory Panel Says We Should Be Allowed to Use Electronic Devices
http://gizmodo.com/nyt-faas-new-electronic-device-rules-to-go-into-effe-1369885400/1407454784/@caseychan